The Auckland Airport Community Trust was established by Auckland International Airport Limited in 2003, to manage and distribute a “noise mitigation fund” as a condition of the Environment Court in granting the company approval to build a second runway.
Auckland International Airport Limited contributed funding of $250,000 per annum (adjusted by the consumer price index each year) into the trust fund, which is managed by five Trustees appointed by Auckland International Airport Limited, Auckland Council and the Aircraft Noise Community Consultative Group.
Since 2010, ACF has acted in the role of appointed Administrators to the Trust. In this role, ACF provides a range of services to the Trust, including:
- Trust administration, meetings and management of the Trust AGM
- Trust compliance
- Financial reporting and management of Trust funds
- Trust promotion and website management
- Management of an annual funding round to distribute community grants
- Carrying out due diligence and assessing applicant funding eligibility
- Supporting Trustees with the grants allocation process and the management of distributions
- Grant monitoring, accountability and evaluation
Since its establishment in 2003, the Trust has distributed over $3M to projects that support Literacy and Life Skills.